We are currently recruiting for an accountant who is currently (or recently) working in practice with 3 to 5 years’ experience. You will ideally be recently ACA or ACCA qualified or part qualified.
As part of a team, you will be working on a diverse portfolio of clients, reporting directly to managers and partners. You will have experience of supervising and training junior members of the team.
You will be involved in the preparation of statutory accounts for companies, charities, partnerships, LLP’s and sole traders. You will be expected to have strong technical knowledge of UK GAAP. You will also be preparing tax computations.
The role will be client-facing and as well as being office-based, will involve client visits, and therefore you must have strong communication and people skills. Good organisational skills are also a requirement.
Experience with CCH Accounts Production would be useful but is not essential. You will also be expected to have knowledge of cloud based accounting packages such as Sage, Xero and QuickBooks.
Salary will be based on market rate and your qualifications and experience. Study support will be offered where applicable. There will also be the opportunity for long-term career progression for the right candidate as the practice is continuing to grow.
Please email your CV to Paras Shah (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Accountant / Bookkeeper
We are looking to recruit an accountant/bookkeeper within our Business Services Unit. Applicants must have excellent communication and inter-personal skills and have the following:
- A minimum of five years’ accounting experience with a strong understanding of double entry bookkeeping
- Experienced in using accounting packages such as Sage, Xero and Kashflow
- Prepared monthly and quarterly VAT returns with good knowledge of tax codes, EC sales lists, Intrastat, EC transactions including cross boarder reverse charge entries
- Prepared monthly and quarterly management accounts, including the profit and loss account, balance sheet reconciliations and analysed data.
- Be able to prepare statutory year end accounts
- Knowledge of service charge accounts would be advantageous
- Should have excellent organisational skills and be able to prioritise workloads and be able to work under pressure.
- Able to work individually or as part of a team.
- Confident in working at client’s premises
- Good IT skills including Excel (vlookup, pivot tables etc.), Word, Outlook.
Please e-mail your CV to either: